that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one – I in them and you in me — so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.Jesus Christ, Gospel of John, chapter 17 versus 21-23.
Churches Together in Leek & District embodies the commitment of our local Churches to deepen our communion with Christ and with one another, as we strive to follow Jesus’ will, offered in prayer at Gethsemane before he was crucified.
One Body, One Spirit
Unity is not singing in unison and losing our distinctiveness:
Unity is singing in harmony, each person and tradition enriching the others.
Putting commitment into action, Churches Together in Leek & District co-ordinate a program of services and events throughout the year. These include:
- Regular, cross-denominational services, at alternating church venues
- Special services at Easter and Christmas
- Ecumenical Lent groups
- A walk of witness through Leek on Good Friday
- Churches Together marquee at Leek Show
- Support of Christian Aid week
- Support at Leek Club Day
We also support the following projects in Leek:
- Leek Town Centre Youth Project (known as @21)
- Synapse Youth Work Project
- Leek & District Foodbank
- Leek Street Pastors
- Spark – Churches Together in Leek & District Newspaper
For further information on Churches Together in Leek & District, please contact the Parish Office by phone or use our Contact form.